OU-JLIC Downtown needs your support!
While we are not new to the Downtown NYC area we are excited to have taken the reins as the new OU-JLIC Downtown Directors!
OU-JLIC continues to be a home for all downtown students. We have built a community which aims to serve the greater downtown area! Students from NYU and nearby colleges, alumni and community members all play an important role in our programming.
A few highlights of our first semester include:
- Weekly THINK, Mishmar, Beit Sicha learning and discussion events
- Shabbat and holidays on campus (including the biggest Sukkah in the east village!). We hosted 60 students for meals over Rosh Hashanah and 40 students for meals over Sukkot,
- Homemade challah, soup and deserts to meals on campus to make it extra special
- BBQs, Smores and Bonfires in our backyard
- Paint night, escape the room and other fun social programming
- 9/11 Chessed trip where we gave out breakfast to first responders
We are so proud of this community and we can’t sustain and build it without your support. We’d love you to partner with us.
Rabbi Leead Staller and Shoshana Bachrach
OU-JLIC is partially funded by the generosity of the Orthodox Union and Hillel. We also rely on your support. Your tax-deductible donation is a great opportunity to help more young adults stay connected to their Judaism at New York University and nearby campuses. Through your partnership, we will continue to expand and reach more Jewish students than ever before.